REMOTE PILOT LICENCE (RPL)Pro-Wings Training is the first SACAA approved RPL training school in South Africa. The accreditation was signed off on 4 September 2015.
Pro-Wings is mindful of the number of operators who fly Drones for commercial gain. The predominant factor for training operators in unmanned aircraft, is that livelihoods have to be considered as a priority. Initially, this category (experienced Drone operators) was accommodated to first, however training is now available for inexperienced or beginner Drone operators.
- English Language Proficiency
- Restricted Radio Telephony (Aeronautical)
- Class 4 Aviation Medical
There are 2 parts to getting your RPL:
1. Theory Training is ONLY 7 days!!! (Monday – Sunday)A person holding an NPL, PPL or CPL, can however complete the course in as little as 3 Days!!!
2. Practical TrainingTHEORY SUBJECTS COVERED INCLUDE:
- Principles of Flight
- Human Factors
- Radio Telephony
- Flight Performance & Planning
- Operational Procedures
- RPAS General
- RPAS CARs & CATS 101 (Air Law)
Mock exams are given at the end of each subject. Thereafter a formal exam is written.
- Our instructors will evaluate each person individually, and assist them personally where there are areas requiring improvement for competency.
Please contact Pro-Wings for pricing.
Training Dates can be found on our Events Calendar
- Pro-Wings Training will assist and guide the students with the submission of their RPL applications to the SACAA.
- The following ratings can be obtained, and you can obtain more than one rating:
- Fixed Wing
- Multi Rotor
- No prior UAV qualifications are required to join the course.